Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: PMMVY Eligibility, features, Benefits, Objectives, Registration @pmmvy-cas.nic.in As the poor health of women in our nation is evident to all citizens, the government of India launched the Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana to provide Maternity benefits to malnourished mothers.
It is pointless to argue that a malnourished woman would give birth to a frail and underweight baby. In India, about 22.9% of women aged 15 to 29 are underweight, while 51.4% of women of reproductive age are anemic. Because this data is quite alarming, the government decided to take this step and alleviate the worsening health status of women by providing them with financial assistance through the Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana.
In this post, we’ll go over everything you need to know about the Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana, including eligibility requirements, objectives, features, benefits, and the registration procedure.
What is Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana?
On January 1, 2017, the Ministry of Women and Child Development launched the Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) scheme. It intended to provide monetary support to pregnant and lactating mothers to help them fulfill their nutritional needs while also compensating them for wage loss. The Central Government, states, and union territories with legislature split the expense of this plan in a 60:40 ratio.
Objectives of PMMVY
The government has always worked hard and devised new methods and programmes to guarantee that women’s nutrition and children’s health are as excellent as possible. The Indian Ministry of Women and Child Development has devised this scheme to benefit mothers, with the following objectives:
- To provide partial compensation to women for the wages they have lost while taking rest for pre and post-pregnancy.
- Providing monetary incentives to pregnant women in installments to satisfy their nutritional needs and improve their health
PMMVY Target Beneficiaries
Following are the target beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana.
- All pregnant and lactating women, except those who are permanent employees of the central government, state governments, public sector unions, who are already receiving benefits under another law
- All pregnant women and lactating mothers expecting their first child on or after January 1, 2017, are eligible.
- A beneficiary’s pregnancy date and stage would be counted concerning her LMP date as shown on her MCP card.
- In the instance of a stillbirth or miscarriage,
- A recipient is only entitled to benefits once under the plan.
- The beneficiary is entitled to the remaining installment.
- The beneficiary will only be eligible to claim for the remaining installment on her second pregnancy if she miscarries during her first pregnancy.
- In the event of infant mortality, a recipient is only entitled to payments once under the plan. That is, if she has previously received all installments of the maternity benefit under PMMVY, she will be ineligible to collect payments under the programme in the event of infant mortality.
- Pregnant and lactating AWWs/ AWHs/ ASHAs may also be eligible for PMMVY benefits if they meet the scheme’s requirements.
Benefits of the Scheme
The women have to register themselves 150 days after their menstrual date, and after registration under the PMMVY Scheme, pregnant women get the following benefits:
- A cash incentive of Rs 5000 is available in three installments: the first installment of Rs 1000 for early pregnancy registration at an Anganwadi Centre (AWC) / authorised Health facility as identified by the respective administering State / UT. The second installment of Rs 2000 for receiving at least one ante-natal check-up (ANC) after six months of pregnancy, and Rs 2000 after childbirth as the third installment.
- The qualified recipients would get the Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) incentive for institutional delivery, and the JSY incentive would be credited to maternity benefits, such that a woman would earn Rs 6000 / – on average (including 5000 of cash incentives).
Remember that you must claim the three installments within 150 to 180 days of completing the conditions.
Eligibility Requirements for Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY)
The candidate has to be eligible to claim the benefits of the PMMVY CAS. The Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana eligibility conditions are listed below.
- The woman is a citizen of India.
- Before she became pregnant, the woman was employed.
- The woman got pregnant on or after January 1, 2017.
- The woman has lost her income as a result of her pregnancy.
- The woman is not enrolled in a compensated maternity programme.
Documents Required for PMMVY Scheme
The following documents are necessary to benefit from the Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY).
Within 150 days of the last menstrual cycle, submit the following documents:
- Fill the Form 1A completely
- MCP Card Copies
- A photocopy of your ID
- Account passbook from a bank or post office
The following documents must be submitted for the second installment within 180 days after the last menstrual period:
- Application Form 1 B, duly completed
- A copy of the MCP Card
For receiving the third installment following documents should be submitted after the birth of the child:
- Form 1C, properly completed
- A copy of the applicant’s Aadhar Card
- A copy of the MCP Card
- Copy of child’s Certificate of Birth Registration
:: Important Link ::
How Can I apply for the Pradhan Mantri Vandana Yojana through PMMVY CAS?
Follow the given steps below to register for the Pradhan Mantri Vandana Yojana via PMMVY CAS.
- Visit the official website of PMMVY pmmvy-cas.nic.in/ and fill in your login credentials.
- If there is a new registration, the beneficiary must register at an AWC/approved Health institution by completing Form 1A. This form must be filled, together with the appropriate document and consent signed by the applicant and her spouse.
- While filling out the form 1A, the beneficiary will be required to provide her and her husband’s Aadhaar numbers, as well as their written consents, Mobile Number, and her Bank/Post Office account details.
- Now, the beneficiary will be able to avail the benefits of the first installment.
- To take advantage of the second installment, go to the official website and click on the “second installment” link, then fill out form 1B
- Finally, to apply for the benefit of the third installment after the childbirth again, log in to pmmvy-cas.nic.in/ and fill in form 1C after clicking on the “third installment” tab.
FAQs About Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana
How Do I Register for PMMVY Maternity Benefits Offline?
Pregnant mothers can contact Anganwadi staff, also known as ASHA workers, to register for the PMMVY offline. They would walk potential recipients through the registration and document procedure for the Pradhan Mantri Vandana Yojana’s three installment payments.
Does the PMMVY benefit continue in the event of the death of the child?
Unfortunately, if the baby does not survive after birth, the beneficiary will become ineligible to claim installments for her subsequent pregnancy.
Will the applicant be compensated if the pregnancy ends in a miscarriage or stillbirth?
The payments will be paid to the recipient till the pregnancy is complete. In the instance of a stillbirth, the receiver will receive at least two installments because compensation is granted in three installments based on pregnancy stages. In the case of miscarriage, the date of the miscarriage will be considered in evaluating for determining whether the benefit will continue or not.
How can I check my PMMVY Status Online?
It is possible to check PMMVY Status online by logging into the PMMVY online portal using an authorized person’s credentials. It is necessary to have a PMMVY scheme card to view the beneficiary’s status online. Another way of checking status is by verifying the progress of the payment, claims, or any other detail using the beneficiary’s personal identification number, such as the Aadhaar card or PAN card.
The PMMVY plan provides minimal monetary benefits to pregnant or lactating mothers who have lost wages due to their continued pregnancy. Here are the PMMVY’s contact details, along with other information such as a helpline number and an email address if you have any queries regarding the scheme.
PMMVY Scheme Official Website: pmmvy-cas.nic.in
PMMVY Helpline Number: 011 – 23380329
PMMVY Email Address: email@example.com
PMMVY Postal Address: Deputy Director PMMVY,
Department of Women and Child Development,
Government of NCT of Delhi, 1, Canning Lane (Pandit Ravi Shankar Shukla Lane), Near Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Bus Stop, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi – 110001.
Noticeઅમારા લેખનું લખાણ કોપી કરતા પહેલા અમારી લેખિત મંજુરી લેવી જરૂરી છે.
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Author: Pratham Ahir
Hello Readers, GujjuOnline.in is a private website and don’t represent any government entity, organizations or department. Whatever information we shared here is gathered from various Gujarat government’s official website and news papers and other websites. We also cross verify the job when we post any job but do always cross verify the job vacancy by yourself to prevent fraudulent happening in the name of job.